Ms. Johnson has exhibited all major bodies of her work in solo exhibitions. In addition, she has exhibited her work in group shows -- both juried and by-invitation -- at the World Bank, International Monetary Fund, and Touchstone Gallery in Washington, D.C.; the Glenview Mansion Art Gallery in Rockville, Maryland; the Fraser Gallery in Bethesda, Maryland; the Ellipse Arts Center in Arlington, Virginia; and BGH Gallery in Santa Monica, California. She also has had ten solo exhibitions in corporate gallery space in the Washington, D.C., area.
As part of the Art in Embassies Program of the U.S. Department of State, two of her new images, "Illuminations - 1" and "Illuminations - 2," were selected by the U.S. Ambassador to Kuwait to be exhibited in the American Embassy Residence in Kuwait. In addition, five images from her work in Greece were selected by the new U.S. Ambassador to Greece to be exhibited in the American Embassy Residence in Athens.
Current and Recent Exhibition Schedule:
- June 2008: the Plains Indians & Pioneers Museum in Woodward, Oklahoma: “Southwest Light”
- September 2008: Individual Artists of Oklahoma (IAO) Gallery, Oklahoma City, OK: “Illuminations”
- September 2007: the Touchstone Gallery, Washington, D.C.: “Illuminations”
- November 8 – December 31, 2004: the MITRE Corporation, in the MITRE-1 Atrium Gallery in McLean, Virginia: “Illuminations” and “Southwest Light”
- September 8 – October 3, 2004: the Touchstone Gallery in Washington, D.C.: “Illuminations” and “Southwest Light”
- September 5 – October 2, 2003: the Don O’Melveny Gallery of Los Angeles, California: architectural images of Greece
- August 2002: the Glenview Mansion Art Gallery in Rockville, Maryland: architectural images of Greece
- July 2002 – March 2005: the American Institute of Architects: images from southern France
- December 2001: the Plains Indians & Pioneers Museum in Woodward, Oklahoma: images from southern France
- June 7 – August 3, 2001: hosted by the American Architectural Foundation, at the American Institute of Architects Headquarters Gallery in Washington, D.C.: architectural images of Greece
- April - June 2001: the Embassy of Greece in Washington, D.C.: architectural images of Greece
- May 1 – June 2, 2006: Annual Exhibition (juried) of the International Photographic Society, International Monetary Fund, Washington, D.C.
- January 20 – April 1, 2006: Ellipse Arts Center Photo Show 2006, juried by Michelle Delaney, Associate Curator, Photographic History Collection, National Museum of American History, Smithsonian Institution; 99 images in the show, selected from more than 550 entries
- January 3 – 31, 2006: Roving Artists Winter Show in Chevy Chase, Maryland
- May 2 – June 3, 2005: Annual Exhibition (juried) of the International Photographic Society, International Monetary Fund, Washington, D.C.
- January 20 – February 26, 2005: Ellipse Arts Center Photo Show 2005, juried by Volkmar K. Wentzel, National Geographic; 106 images in the show, selected from 540 entries
- January 2 – 31, 2005: Roving Artists Winter Show in Chevy Chase, Maryland
Ms. Johnson’s work is in numerous private collections, and in the permanent collections of the American Institute of Architects, the National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts, Georgetown Hospital, all of Washington, D.C., and the New York offices of Kozusko Lahey Harris LLP.
She has received numerous awards in local and international photography competitions, and she has presented and judged at local camera club activities and in photo salon critiques. She has twice served as guest curator for the Plains Indians and Pioneers Museum, including the recent exhibition of “A Century of Photographs,” as part of Oklahoma’s Centennial Celebration.
Ms. Johnson currently serves on the Oklahoma Board of Directors of the International Photography Hall of Fame and Museum (IPHF), located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. She is a member of the IPHF Exhibition Committee.
Ms. Johnson’s work from Greece has been accepted for archive at the National Museum of Women in the Arts in Washington, D.C. This work is presented in her first book, Light Forms, Architectural Images of Greece, which is available at www.amazon.com or directly from her (see Purchase Information). She is a member of the Photographic Society of America, Inc., the International Photographic Society of Washington, D.C., secondsight of Bethesda, MD, Individual Artists of Oklahoma, and the Oklahoma Visual Arts Coalition.
Ms. Johnson is represented by the Touchstone Gallery in Washington, D.C., located at
406 - 7th Street, N.W.
Washington DC 20004
Inquiries about her work may be directed to the Touchstone Gallery, to her directly at 202.236.7004 or 405.501.1542 or by email.